Dogmovers operate a very wide ranging Independent Pet Transport network. At this point our delivery services have not been negatively affected by the Coronavirus lockdowns and Border Closures.
Over recent weeks, we have received significantly more enquiries than normal as a result of the reduction in flights by Virgin & Qantas affecting the services offered by other transporters.
As a result we cannot answer most phone calls but are monitoring and prioritising all your messages and emails to manage your enquiries and requests as efficiently as possible. Please be aware that it may take a few days to get a response to most new enquiries.
All enquiries should be made via our enquiry form so we receive all the details required to provide a quote as quickly as is possible. Quick, brief messages via Facebook or email can take longer as it often takes multiple messages to get the basic details required to provide a quote. Those simply wanting a rough price can get an indication here Basic Pricing
Generally speaking our services are booked out about 1-2 weeks in advance at the moment but some busier routes may be booked up to 4 weeks ahead. We have put on additional services where we are able but you should realistically expect a 2-3 week time frame for booking and completion of transport in most cases.
We will continue to update our Facebook page and website with the likely timeframes as changes occur and we will update clients directly if they are affected directly by any changes. We thank you for your patience and understanding and apologise for any inconvenience this situation may cause.
Here’s how it normally works:
- You contact us by our enquiry form for a quote.
- Our customer service team will provide a quote based on your pets details and the delivery locations provided.
- When you are ready to confirm your booking, let us know by email, our customer service team will speak to both the sender and receiver to confirm all the details, check delivery locations and provide you with estimated pick up and drop off times.
- On the day of travel our driver will contact you earlier with the exact time to collect your pet.
- See further details below.
8.00am to 4.30pm Monday – Friday
9.00am to 12pm Saturdays
Please note that each run has a cut off time for bookings prior to the driver departing on each leg of the trip. Bookings placed after the cut off time may incur an additional $25 late booking fee due to last minute or out of office hours work required to ensure that all the details can be arranged, confirmed and notified to the driver in good time.
Booking by the runs cut off time does not guarantee space will be available, some runs and some cage sizes do tend to fill up quicker than others, in some cases up to a week before. Please book as soon as possible to ensure space is available for your pet.
Generally we will need the following details to give you an accurate quote:
- Type and number of Animal/s
- Weight or Age of Animal/s (click here to see how we work out your pets size for pricing)
- Town or suburb to collect from (don’t forget Door to Door service is not standard and will cost more if available)
- Town or Suburb to deliver to
- How soon you want to send your pets
- Any special needs your pet may have.
Once you let us know you are ready to go ahead, our Customer service team will speak to both the sender and receiver, individually, to confirm the booking details. This will include the following:
- Finalising the dates and approximate times for the collection and delivery.
- Finalising the location of the collection and delivery (check here for details of our meeting points)
- Discussing payment options.
- Discussing specific details regarding the animal/s and any special requirements they may have.
- Providing you with a confirmation SMS or email with the details and relevant drivers contact details.
Driver contact and timing
Please note that the times you are provided at the time of booking are estimates only. Our customer service staff will also forward you the Drivers contact details by SMS or Email and Our driver will contact each party on the day, ahead of time, with exact times for collection and delivery. Don’t forget that the times will vary due to unforeseen issues like accidents, bad weather or road closures but our drivers will always endeavour to collect and deliver your pets at a reasonable time, as close as possible to the original estimated time and will relay any time changes to you as soon as possible.
Make sure you read our terms and conditions as these form part of our transport contract.