The COVID-19 (coronavirus) is having a significant impact on the lives of all Australians. We want to reassure you that we are constantly re-examining our business plans and processes to remain confident that we will be able to adapt as this situation evolves.
Dogmovers operates only throughout QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC & Sth Australia.
At this point in time our services in all of these States are able to continue as scheduled despite Border Closures due to freight exemptions in all states. This is obviously subject to any further changes by Federal or State Governments. It is possible that further Lockdowns or Stricter Border controls may result in the interruption of our interstate services at some point in the coming weeks. We will continue to analyse the situation and provide further updates as required.
Naturally many people are concerned about whether they are allowed to come and meet us to deliver or collect their pets. The short answer is Yes you can, provided that you are practising social distancing measures.
There is a lot of confusion due to differing announcements from various authorities but generally the following is what you need to know.
These details are from the official order from the NSW Gazette but is generally the same for the States we are operating in.
“… this Order directs that a person must not, without reasonable excuse, leave the person’s place of residence. Examples of a reasonable excuse include leaving for reasons involving— (a) obtaining food or other goods and services, or (b) travelling for the purposes of work or education if the person cannot do it at home, or (c) exercise, or (d) medical or caring reasons.”
There are further obligations relating to not gathering in groups of more than two and practising social distancing.
So, essentially, provided you have a specific reason to leave your home and take precautions to distance yourself from others you are allowed to come and deliver or collect your pets.
In this case the specific reason is that you are obtaining goods & services. You should travel directly from home to the meeting point, come alone if you can, practise social distancing at the meeting with the driver and then travel directly home.
It should not be necessary for anyone to cross a state border to meet us as we are allowed to cross the Borders in all of the states we operate in to deliver freight.
If the situation changes we will update affected clients directly and will update this page and our posts on Facebook.
Additionally, please be aware that all our services, should they be able to proceed, are generally being fully booked about 2 weeks ahead and quotes can only be provided for services beyond that. Check our facebook page for more regular updates regarding availablity. Any quotes given should not be taken as an indication that a space is available on your preferred dates and there is a high likelyhood that services will be disrupted or cancelled due to the national and statewide lockdowns and border closures due to Covid-19.
Due to the nature of the crisis, and our business, Dogmovers is not a business that is under great risk from the spread of the virus itself as we are not involved in large gatherings or have a large static workforce. There is some risk to our office and support staff which we are taking steps to mitigate. Our Drivers are generally on their own most of the time and meet clients for short times only so the personal risk is more limited in that regard.
We are not expecting any significant changes to our services in the next two weeks and will regularly update this page and our online calendar as changes occur following that if the Authorities make further changes.
In the mean time the following changes are being made now to safeguard our staff, our clients and their pets:
- To reduce the risk of the spread of illness we are asking that all clients pay for their booking by Credit card or EFT payment so that the drivers and clients are not exchanging and handling cash.
- We are no longer requiring signatures when we collect or deliver your animals to further limit contact. However, please be aware that if you make a booking the consignor, consignee and any other party to the verbal contract are deemed to have accepted our transport terms and conditions.
- We ask that clients cancel or postpone their pet transport booking if they or any family members residing with the pet are or have been unwell, have travelled overseas or have come into contact with a person that has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- We ask clients, where possible, to have one Family Member come to collect or drop off their pets rather than the whole family.
- Our drivers will be asked to not shake hands or have any unnecessary direct contact with clients and to use disposable gloves at all times during these interactions.
- We will not be accepting Envelopes, parcels or packages to be delivered with your pet. Toys or blankets may still be provided to be placed in the cage but be aware that if/when those become soiled they will be disposed of by the driver.
- We will work closely with all staff to ensure that appropriate measures are in place in the event they become unwell and that we have back up staff available if a staff member is unavailable to complete their trip due to illness.
- We will be limiting Door to Door pick ups and deliveries and where possible all exchanges will occur at pre-arranged, outdoor meeting points.
This situation is new to all of us and we are very mindful that whilst it is concerning, we are doing everything we can to continue to provide quality service to you and your pet and reduce the risk to both our clients and team members. Thank you for your understanding.
We thank you for your continued support and wish you and you family all the best through these difficult times.
Dave, Sierra and the Dogmovers team.