The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) has had a significant impact on the lives of all Australians and the affects on freight and business may continue for months to come. Our Transport services have, and are operating as normal and on schedule with some additional services where we have had the resources to do so.
However we have been receiving much higher numbers of enquiries than usual, since March, as the Airlines altered flight schedules and commonly cancelled flights and bookings. Many people who would normally fly their pets are now using road transport and the effect is that our customer service team have been inundated with Enquiries and Bookings now for months and at times have been unable to keep up. The wait time for enquiries is constantly improving as borders re-open and more Domestic flights resume but it is still taking several days to respond to some enquiries. We want to reassure you that we are constantly re-examining our business plans and processes and adapting as the situation changes.
Additionally, please be aware that some of our services are being fully booked up to 4 weeks ahead. This is affecting some routes more than others. Check our Facebook page for more regular updates regarding availability. Be aware that quotes given should not be taken as an indication that a space is available on your preferred dates.
In Melbourne & Victoria we have still been able to operate normally as an allowed business and clients are still permitted to come to meet us provided they are social distancing and are complying with all other requirements of any lock-downs.
Interstate Border Closures
All of our drivers travel at all times with the appropriate Border passes and a registered Covid Safety plan. As we are a professional Freight business, we have not to date been unable to cross any Interstate Borders and it is not expected that this situation will change as Borders are now re-opening.
Social Distancing and Appropriate safety measures
Due to the nature of our business, Dogmovers is not a business that is under a great specific risk from the spread of the virus itself as we are not involved in large gatherings or have a large static workforce. There is some risk to our office and support staff which we are taking steps to mitigate. Our Drivers, though travelling interstate, are generally on their own most of the time and are accommodated within their vehicles. We meet clients for short periods of time only so the personal risk is more limited in that regard but we do require the cooperation of our customers to remain safe.
We ask you to help us observe the following precautions to safeguard yourself, our staff and your pets:
- To reduce the risk of the spread of illness we have stopped accepting cash and ask that all clients pay for their booking by Credit card or EFT payment at the time of Booking or Confirmation so that the drivers and clients are not exchanging and handling cash.
- We are no longer requiring signatures when we collect or deliver your animals to further limit contact. However, please be aware that if you make a booking the consignor, consignee and any other party to the verbal contract are deemed to have accepted our transport terms and conditions which are available to view via this website.
- We ask that clients cancel or postpone their pet transport booking if they or any family members residing with the pet are or have been unwell, have traveled overseas or have come into contact with a person that has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days. There will be no additional charge for rescheduling transport due to illness or unavoidable circumstances.
- We ask clients living in Hotspot or Lock-down areas, where possible, to have one Family Member come to collect or drop off their pets rather than the whole family. (Please note that this is a specific requirement for clients in Victoria under stage 3 & 4 Lock-downs. As at 13/11/2020 all of Victoria and all of Greater Sydney are still considered Hotspots by other states.)
- When at the meeting point, in Hotspot or Lock-down areas, do not congregate in groups with other clients and respect our drivers by being patient, keeping a few metres away while they are dealing with others and collecting your animals one at a time.
- Our drivers will be asked to not shake hands or have any unnecessary direct contact with clients and to use disposable gloves at all times during these interactions.
- We are not accepting unnecessary Envelopes, parcels or packages to be delivered with your pet from Clients residing in Hotspot areas. Toys or blankets may still be provided to be placed in the cage but be aware that if/when those become soiled they will be disposed of by the driver. Decisions about what can or cannot be accepted are at the discretion of the driver.
- We will work closely with all staff to ensure that appropriate measures are in place in the event they become unwell and that we have back up staff available in case a staff member is unavailable to complete their trip due to illness. However please be aware that all of our services, like all transport services, are subject to changes due to circumstances beyond our control.
This situation is constantly changing and is new to all of us. Whilst it is concerning we would assure our clients that we are doing everything we can to continue to provide a quality service to you and your pet and to reduce the risk to both our clients and team members. Thank you for your understanding.
We thank you for your continued support and wish you and you family all the best through these difficult times.
Dave, Sierra and the Dogmovers team.