The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) has had a significant impact on the lives of all Australians and the ongoing affects on freight and business may continue for months to come. Our interstate services are impacted but not stopped by Border Closures and State Restrictions. We continue to operate our full range of services under freight exemptions with a Covid-19 Safety plan in place for our Interstate drivers and other staff.
Interstate Border Closures
Our drivers travel at all times with any appropriate Border passes and a registered Covid Safety plan. As a professional, commercial Freight business, we have not to date been unable to cross any Interstate Borders and it is not expected that this situation will change significantly as Border rules change or evolve.
Social Distancing and Appropriate safety measures
Due to the nature of our business, we and our clients are not under a great specific risk from the spread of the virus itself as we are not involved in large gatherings or have a large static workforce. But there are risks. Our Drivers, travelling interstate, are generally on their own most of the time and are accommodated within their vehicles. We meet our clients for short periods of time only so the personal risk is more limited in that regard but we do require the cooperation of our customers to remain safe.
During Specific Lockdowns
- Reasonable excuses include “for the personal needs of the household or for other household purposes (including pets)”
- only one person from the household may be able to travel. (Check your local area rules about shopping.)
- Rules may vary between Sydney and regional areas
Rules in VIC (See here) Can I leave home to collect a Pet
- You may travel to collect a new pet (see link above)
- But it must be a pet that was purchased before lockdown began (evidence may be required)
- Rules may vary between Melbourne and regional areas
- Other rules re pets Looking after animals & pets
We ask you to help us observe the following precautions to safeguard yourself, our staff and your pets:
- To reduce the risk of the spread of illness we no longer accept cash and ask that all clients pay for their booking by Credit card or EFT payment at the time of Booking or Confirmation so that the drivers and clients are not exchanging and handling cash.
- In Hotspot areas we are no longer requiring signatures when we collect or deliver your animals to further limit contact. However, please be aware that if you make a booking the consignor, consignee and any other party to the verbal contract are deemed to have accepted our transport terms and conditions which are available to view via this website.
- We ask that clients cancel or postpone their pet transport booking if they or any family members residing with the pet are or have been unwell, have traveled overseas or have come into contact with a person that has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days. There will be no additional charge for rescheduling transport due to illness or unavoidable circumstances.
- We ask clients living in Hotspot or Lock-down areas, where possible, to have only one Family Member come to collect or drop off their pets rather than the whole family. (Please note that this may be a specific requirement for clients in areas under Lock-down rules. )
- We reserve the right to alter planned meeting points if areas become designated as a specific area of concern.
- When at the meeting point, in Hotspot or Lock-down areas, do not congregate in groups with other clients and respect our drivers by being patient, keeping a few metres away while they are dealing with others and collecting your animals one at a time.
- Our drivers will be asked to not shake hands or have any unnecessary direct contact with clients and to use disposable gloves at all times during these interactions in any Hot Spot areas.
- We are not accepting unnecessary Envelopes, parcels or packages to be delivered with your pet from Clients residing in Hotspot areas. If you are from an area in lockdown, please arrange for paperwork and other items to be sent by mail.
- Toys or blankets may still be provided to be placed in the cage but be aware that if/when those become soiled they will be disposed of by the driver.
- Food for your pet during travel may be provided but we will not accept Raw food or additional food for transport to the receiver.
- Medicines & Other essential items may be accepted at the discretion of the driver. (please be aware that if your pet requires medication during travel and we were not aware of this prior to collection your Pet may not be accepted for transport)
- We will work closely with all staff to ensure that appropriate measures are in place in the event they become unwell and that we have back up staff available in case a staff member is unavailable to complete their trip due to illness. However please be aware that all of our services, like all transport services, are subject to changes due to circumstances beyond our control.
This situation is constantly changing and is new to all of us. Whilst it is concerning we would assure our clients that we are doing everything we can to continue to provide a quality service to you and your pet and to reduce the risk to both our clients and team members. Thank you for your understanding.
We thank you for your continued support and wish you and you family all the best through these difficult times.
Dave, Sierra and the Dogmovers team.