Click a link Below to take you to the section you want
- Dogmovers Covid Safety Plan and Staff Policies
- Covid Vaccinations
- National Freight Protocol (Interstate Drivers)
State specific information for Drivers
- Queensland Border Pass Info and Links
- New South Wales Border Pass Info and Links
- Victoria Border Pass Info and Links
- South Australia Border Pass Info and Links
- Canberra (ACT) Border Pass Info and Links
- Suitable Covid Testing Locations
Dogmovers Covid Safety Plan and Staff Policies (Updated 31/12/2021)
As borders have opened Covid Cases have risen quickly and are expected to continue to do so. It is important to note that the published figures are likely a low estimate of the actual figures due to states discouraging people from getting tested unless they are symptomatic.
While Many businesses have not survived the financial impacts of Covid, Dogmovers has survived partly because by luck we are in an industry that got busier rather than shutting down and because the nature of our business requires limited contact with clients. However we are in a business where our staff are constantly interconnected across states by contact with our Interstate Drivers and this brings heightened risks at this time.
It is increasingly likely that Covid will directly affect us in the coming weeks and we must take a tough stance on checking staff compliance with reporting of illness or close contact status, local rules regarding mask wearing and social distancing and the compliance requirements of our Drivers Interstate passes where necessary.
We ask that all staff take these risks seriously and maintain good habits an safeguards that will help protect themselves, their families and workmates, our clients and the business.
One case of Covid amongst our staff could potentially require many of our staff to go into isolation for 7-14 days as close contacts, with the result that we may be required to cease some or all business activity, affecting us for weeks. The disruption that this would cause would be one that we may not recover from financially.
We do have limited stocks of Rapid Antigen Tests available for workplace testing where necessary.
Please note that our existing Covid Safety Plan continues to be a legal requirement for the business, is still in force and that it is a Policy applicable to all staff. Compliance with this plan will be monitored for all staff, not just the Interstate Drivers at the Depots and the Office and breaches will be followed up to ensure everyones safety. The following are the key points from that plan.
It is every staff members responsibility to inform the business immediately if:
- They feel endangered or pressured to perform their designated tasks in an unsafe manner or environment.
- They are experiencing any symptoms of a potential respiratory illness including those normally associated with the cold or flu.
- They believe they have come into contact with any individual who has been diagnosed with or is believed to have Covid-19
- They have had or intend to have a Covid-19 test performed and the results of that test
It is every staff members responsibility to comply with the following:
- Any State, Federal or other valid rules, orders or requirements with respect to Border controls, Lockdowns or Health directions regarding Covid or any other illness.
- Mask wearing and social distancing rules as they apply at any given time.
- If unwell, including with serious Colds or the Flu or displaying symptoms of any undiagnosed illness exclude yourself from the workplace including on sick leave if relevant or by working from home if possible.
- Do everything reasonably within your power to protect yourself, the business and all staff from the possibility of mandated shutdowns or business interruption due Covid-19 or the threat of Covid-19 due to the large financial and mental effects this would have on the business and all its staff.
It is the businesses responsibility to ensure that:
- Staff do not feel endangered or pressured to perform their designated tasks in an unsafe environment and that staff are free to make a choice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of themselves and their families.
- The Business and all staff comply with any State, Federal or other valid rules, orders or requirements with respect to Border controls, Lockdowns or Health directions regarding Covid or any other illness.
- Mask wearing and social distancing rules as they apply at any given time are being followed by all staff.
- Any staff experiencing symptoms of a potential respiratory illness including those normally associated with Colds, the Flu or displaying symptoms of any undiagnosed illness are excluded from the workplace and contact with other staff and clients.
- We do everything reasonably within our power to protect the business, all staff and clients from the possibility of mandated shutdowns or business interruption due Covid-19 or the threat of Covid-19 due to the large financial and mental effects this would have on the business and all its staff.
Physical Distancing (All Staff)
During the course of your role it is essential that you adhere to Physical distancing measures to limit your exposure to the possibility of contracting illness from other staff, customers or members of the public. Specifically you must strive to ensure that you limit your contact with other individuals within the workplace, during travel and in public as follows.
- To the extent reasonably practicable, practise social distancing including by remaining at least 1.5 metres from other people
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshaking, hugs and kisses
- Avoid being within an enclosed space for a period of 2 hours or longer with another person
- Avoid being within 1.5 metres of another person for a period of 15 minutes or longer
- Avoid crowds and large public gatherings
- Avoid non essential meetings or gatherings
- Practise good hand, sneeze and cough hygiene
- Use Alcohol based hand sanitiser regularly
- Regularly clean and disinfect surfaces, including your vehicle cab when others may have been touching them
- Avoid all non essential travel
The full version of Dogmovers Covid Safety Plan is available for all staff and should be readily available at each Depot and the Office. If you do not have a copy please advise us and we will forward one to you.
Vaccinations are not now and are unlikely to ever become compulsory by Law for the general population but the Federal Government has left it open for specific industries or employers to Mandate it if it is Warranted and it is currently a requirement for travel exemptions by most State Governments.
We are not intending to be placing any conditions on that decision or mandating Vaccination for our Employees.
However vaccinations are required to cross most State Boundaries under the National Freight Protocols. That means there are limitations placed on drivers regarding State borders that are out of our control and will affect the runs we can have you doing if you are not vaccinated.
If you choose not to be Vaccinated, be aware that we support your right to make that decision and will do everything we can to keep the business moving but that there may be decisions and limitations that will be out of our hands that may affect individual runs or our business operations in general.
Please note that the rules for Freight workers under the National Freight Protocol are separate to and different from the rules for other individuals crossing the same border, generally the requirements for Freight workers are less provided they are Fully Vaccinated.
It is the responsibility of each driver to ensure that they understand and can show that they are complying with each States Covid Requirements. I will keep this as up to date as possible and post changes on the messenger thread as I become aware of them but it will be you stuck at the Border if we/you get it wrong.
Please feel free to forward me any information or links you feel should be included.
The NHVR page is also a good resource for up to date Covid related information for Freight Drivers and can be found here at NHVR Covid Updates
Drivers are reminded that the National Freight Movement Protocol (Available HERE) requires as a minimum that you to follow the following health protocols while travelling into any state:
- a valid border permit
- a COVIDSafe workplan (which is being followed)
- evidence of a Covid Test as required by each State
- practice social distancing where possible
- effective self-isolation where practicable during stops and overnight
- keep a list of close contacts for contact tracing
- carry and use correct PPE
- No unnecessary Passengers (Workers allowed)
- No working while symptomatic until a negative test result has been received.
Keeping of good records and the ability to show these at Border checks are essential but have consistently been seen to have a positive effect on the attitude of the checking officers. please always keep in mind that these officers are also often working with rules they may not understand if they have recently changed and in some cases may not agree with them but are legally bound to enforce them. Be Patient, this is just one more thing that can cause you undue stress and ultimately make your job even more dangerous or frustrating.
Queensland Border “F” Pass Info & Links (Updated 14/01/22)
From 1am AEST Saturday 15 January 2022, Queensland’s domestic borders restrictions will be lifted, which means that Queensland border checkpoints will no longer be in operation and the Queensland Freight Protocol will no longer apply.
Freight and logistics operators entering Queensland from another state or territory will no longer be required to produce:
- an F Pass
- negative COVID-19 test result
- proof of COVID-19 vaccination status
- written records of contacts
New South Wales Border Pass Info & Links (Updated 31/12/21)
Freight workers entering NSW from 1 November no longer need to complete a NSW entry declaration unless you are entering from an area of concern as per the NSW Public Health (COVID-19 Interstate Travellers) Order (No. 4) 2021.
Mandatory testing is no longer required for any freight worker unless they are symptomatic.
If you have visited any of the listed Places of concern (Listed Here) you must also take additional actions.
General information on Travelling to NSW is HERE
Victoria Border Pass Info & Links (Updated 31/12/21)
From Saturday 27 November you no longer need a COVID-19 border entry permit to enter Victoria from anywhere in Australia unless you have been overseas in the past 14 days.
There are venues that may require proof of Vaccination and it is suggested that you create a Service Victoria App and link your Vaccination status or carry a printed copy of your Vaccination certificate.
South Australia Border Pass Info & Links (Updated 03/1/22)
From 12:01 am 1 January 2022, travellers entering South Australia are no longer required to complete an EntryCheck SA application.
QR code check-in
COVID Safe Check-In is South Australia’s QR code check-in system.
All travellers should download the mySA GOV app from Google Play or the App Store before travelling to South Australia. You are required to use the COVID Safe Check-In whenever you enter a business or premises displaying an approved QR code.
If you do not have a smartphone, you must provide you can complete a manual check-in.
Don’t forget, you also have to ditch any Fruit and some vegetables that you may have on board.
Suitable Drive through Covid Testing Sites (Updated 31/12/21
I have removed the listed sites to avoid any confusion and listed the states search pages instead. I think most drivers have a regular site or routine in place anyway.
Sites have been popping up and disappearing seemingly Randomly. I strongly recommend you get tested close to home before departing on each trip.